Monday, January 09, 2006

Pg 64, #1

Kristi Brogan

I grew up in Hilliard, Ohio, a city made up of thousands of people. One specific characteristic of Hilliard that I always carry with me when I leave Hilliard is the feeling of a community of people together as one. Hilliard is also a place that is filled with modern day technology and is always looking to make it a better place for the community. My dream after graduating from the University of Cincinnati with a teaching degree, is to return to Hilliard as a teacher and coach. Hilliard is much more than a geographical place in my mind. It is a place where everyone has fun, is loving, and personable.
In James Huston’s articles, he talks about “a relationship between a terrain and the feelings it can call out of you.” What he is saying here is that when people live in a certain region for most of their lives, they develop a fondness for that area because of the people they meet and the surroundings around them. They develop and cherish all of the childhood friends that have developed into long lasting friendships.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home