Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Blog # 2

I am not the best writer nor am I a big fan of writing a lot, but when I do write I would compare it to an athletic practice. After discussing metaphors and writing in class today I think that i could also use the metaphor vomiting or getting sick like Scott said. When I write I tend to want to get it done quickly and get everything out, but that doesn't work to well. I have a lot to get out and I want to get it out quickly just like getting sick and I feel better once it is over. On the other hand my writing is compared to a practice. If you work hard at practice you are going to get better results than you would if you just cruised through. Some people can get through things with out working hard, but in general, most people can't. Therefore, I try to take my time and do some of my best work so I can get a good result (a good grade). An athletic practice and getting sick would be two metaphors that would describe how I write.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home